A highly technical 4000-square-foot project
- Removal of load-bearing walls, moving of existing walls, modification of the rear roof, construction of the basement.
- Concrete terrace at the back. Refreshed the outer envelope.
- Rear windows reconstruction to enlarge the openings and gain more light.
- We have upgraded floors, ceilings and walls.
- We redid the electricity and the plumbing 100%.
- A brand new kitchen, and a new staircase.
Energy-wise and eco-sustainable work:
- We redid the insulation and the vapor barrier on the entire building including the roof.
- The vapor barriers are continuous and sealed. The shell is now completely waterproof.
- The “R” ratings specified in the APCHQ technical reports are reached or exceeded on the entire building.
- Air exchanger and heat pump complete the package.
Finally, the house has been redone in full.
This project was presented for an APCHQ Domus Prize