Renovation of a century-old duplex into a single-family home
Optimization of the space and increased luminosity
- We removed load-bearing walls and increased the rear window area on both levels.
- We upgraded the floors, ceilings and walls.
- New kitchen and new staircase.
- We redid all the electricity and plumbing.
- Full renovation of two levels.
|Project||Renovation of a duplex|
|Site||Plateau Mont-Royal, Montreal|
|Surface area||1800 sq. ft|
|Distinction||APCHQ Domus Award Finalist|
We chose Échelle Humaine to convert a century-old duplex into a single-family home. Lionel and his team are great and really listened to our needs. The work, which was major, went off without a hitch and on schedule. There were some extras, but each time they were improvements to the initial project and we were given the right time, we had the choice. The result is that we do not regret any of the choices we made, the result is superior in many ways to the original plan. If I had been a building contractor, I would have liked to be like Lionel...