The original building was an old duplex converted into a single family home with a crawl space. Échelle Humaine brought light into the house, and more.
- We removed load-bearing walls and increased the rear window area on both levels.
- We have upgraded the floors, ceilings and walls.
- We redid the electricity and plumbing, 100%. New electric entrance as well.
- New kitchen, new staircase.
Energy and eco-sustainable works:
- Vapor barriers are continuous and sealed. The shell is completely waterproof. Including the roof.
- The “R” ratings specified in the APCHQ technical reports are reached or exceeded on the entire building.
- We have minimized the use of urethane on wood surfaces.
- Air exchanger and heat pump complete the package.
Finally, the house has been redone in full.
This project was presented for an APCHQ Domus Prize!